Bicycling Around Minnesota is seeking a volunteer to join the Planning Committee in the the following position: BAM Volunteer Marketing/PR Coordinator. A full volunteer description is below. Interested individuals may contact Elise at email@example.com for more information or to apply. Thank you!
BAM Volunteer Marketing/PR Coordinator
Coordinates publicity for ride and participates on the planning committee. Works closely with volunteer digital communications coordinator, tour director, and external sources.
Maintains BAM public relations including:
- Identify target media (newspapers, TV and cable stations, radio stations, cycling bloggers, etc.) for upcoming ride
- Create and distribute press releases
- Coordinates interviews with media prior to, during and after the ride
- Act as spokesperson with media OR connects media to tour director
- Coordinate with MnDOT’s Communications Office to distribute statewide press release from MnDOT
- Identify new opportunities for publicity
Posts ride information to external websites:
- Explore Minnesota, Minnesota Trails magazine, Bicycle Tour Network, League of American Cyclists, Pedal MN, Porkbelly Ventures, MN Bike Trail Navigator, mikebentley.com, cyclingtourlist.com, bikeride.com, etc.
- Identify new external sources
Promotes ride in host communities:
- Work with tour director to identify best avenues for marketing tour in host communities (in addition to media)
Coordinates jersey design:
- Identify volunteer graphic designer
- Work with jersey vendor to place order
- Lead small committee to identify best design
- Update planning committee on process
Maintains public relations calendar and directory of media contacts
Updates volunteer position description as needed
Skills Needed: Experience/understanding of public relations, basic marketing