BAM is BACK!
The tour is full. Please click below to be added to the waiting list.
BAM will be held Thursday, August 17 – Sunday, August 20, 2023
Bicycling Around Minnesota (BAM) is headed to one of Minnesota’s most scenic areas—the Driftless Area, a geologic gem of the Midwest featuring secluded valleys, unspoiled natural beauty, quiet streams and soaring bluffs overlooking the Mississippi River Valley.
The ride starts and ends in the charming town of Lanesboro–winner of many ‘best of’ awards. Additional overnights include the towns of Rushford, La Crescent and Houston. Come along as we traverse the bucolic countryside on carefully curated routes designed to maximize scenery and explore the hidden gems of the area on this fully supported tour. We take care of all the details, so you can simply ride your bike and enjoy your vacation!
Past riders have consistently praised BAM as a very well-organized tour with friendly people that captures the scenic beauty, explores interesting local points along the route and is loads of FUN!!
“The volunteers were very warm and helpful, making us feel instantly welcome. We do a tour every summer, and this was the best organized tour yet. Directions, route markings, and anything else we needed to know were clearly conveyed….”
The ride is expected to fill quickly, so be sure to register early. There is a 275-rider limit.
Riders can expect:
- 50-65 miles of bicycling each day on paved, low-traffic roads and trails
- Scenic landscapes and local charm, with many interesting stops along the route (included with registration price)
- Live music and beverage tent available each evening
- Fully supported tour with all meals, downloadable route maps (RWGPS), rider support along the route, mechanical support and luggage transport
- E-bike charging available for an additional fee
- Plenty of mobile phone chargers at the campsite
- Coffee each morning at the campsite
- Massages and yoga available daily
- Showers provided by Pork Belly Ventures at the campsite with an ample number of private stalls, hot water, and free towel service
- Tent rental and daily setup available for an additional fee through Pork Belly Ventures
- Cabin on wheels! Due to the limited number of hotels in the area, we’ve partnered with Pork Belly Ventures to offer cabins on wheels for an additional fee. Each air-conditioned knotty pine cabin sleeps up to 5, is equipped with electrical outlets, has a small deck and chairs off the back, is set up right at the campground so you don’t miss any of the fun, and moves with you throughout the tour. No need to pack up each day!
Please see our Route page for information about the towns, daily routes, attractions and more. See our General Info page for details about the tour. Check out our Apparel page for jerseys, shorts and t-shirts!
We look forward to you joining us!
BAM is a non-profit organization with a mission to promote bicycle safety, Minnesota’s bike route network, fitness, tourism and bicycling as transportation. BAM has offered its 4-day bicycle tours since 2006. BAM has partnered with BikeMN to help us meet our mission and to support registration and planning the ride. Freewheel Bike is another one of our sponsors providing mechanical support on the ride. Find out more BAM details on our About page.